"Optimus Eventus"

Trained to do service at its best. Defying dogmata of time and space.

Living it up to our commitments. We optimize satisfaction.
We guarantee seamless interaction.
We value your business.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

18th Day: Berlitz Day

We have been dreading for this day to come. It's not that we're not capable of speaking the English language, it's just that one rater's decision could mean our contract ended just like that. But we have to face the inevitable and swallow it whole. Five other trainees were ahead of me while I waited for my turn in taking the assessment. I expected myself to feel nervous and nauseous to the extent of throwing up but I didn't. My heartbeat was in its right pace. My breathing's just fine. I was relatively calm but certainly not confident.

me, shin, and the blurry tan2x
And so time's up and it was my turn to dial and ring the rater back at the States. His name was Dan. Funny how his name reflected the second syllable of my first name. lol He had this affable voice and that helped  me to relax a bit. First, he asked me to tell more about myself. Until he hoisted some topics relating to local politics. Yep, I can still relate with that kind of topic but not until he started asking me questions such as the global economic recession and stuff about business. Oh golly! Those were mind blowing queries I got there. I figured it was utterly out of my best interest (business and recession) but somehow I managed to answer all of it but not with flying colors. If I were to rate my answers? Hmmm.. quite mediocre for it to reach a C2 level which is the highest grade for Berlitz. 

Anyway, there's no use in crying over a spilled milk. It seemed to me like people didn't mind the stressful conversation with Dan. We visited youtube.com and viewed some funny stuff in there. The Japanese pranks really cracked all of us out. And then we also viewed some of the world's most talented people through America's/Britain's/Ukraine's/Slovenia's got talent  or from So You Think You Can Dance or from America's Best Dance Crew and the like. It was a nice diversionary tactic though. Instead of people brooding about the bloody conversation that they just had or worrying the conversation that they're about to have, laughing out loud was the best solution ever.

At the end of our shift, I hastily left the office and headed to Ayall mall. I met my college buddies there whom by the way I haven't met for ages. We just lingered outside the Starbucks Coffee then talked and caught up with our recent happenings. As talkative as we are, we decided to take  and continue our huge chitchats at McDonalds, IT Park. Just ordered coke float which was worth 25 pesos and talked then laughed a lot which were worth a gazillion! It's been 21 days since the last time we hanged out  and it's pretty obvious. We missed each other so much. 

After McDonalds, we went to Jollibee (still at IT Park) and had our breakfast! Keisha's treat! Thanks Kei! mwaaaah! Until our next morning the night session guys!!!☺
   

No comments:

Post a Comment