Woke up at 9am and was still groggy while I switched on the television. I was awakened by the text message updates about Ms. Universe sent by some of my friends. Since I don't have cable at home, I just opted to watch a delayed telecast of the most anticipated Ms. Universe 2010 at ABS-CBN. So there I was in front of the TV while receiving text updates from people who had home cable and were able to see Ms. Universe live. And yes, watching a delayed show was so exciting. I was so thrilled to death that it crossed my mind why Papa would punch anyone who'll spill out the result ahead of a delayed telecast everytime Pacquiao has a fight. haha!
Our representative for this year's most coveted crown for Ms. Universe was Ms. Venus Raj. I first saw her on TV at the height of her dethronement issue. I wasn't really sure or I just didn't get the gist of that issue but then I was still on her side and believe it or not I also gave a little prayer for her to get back the crown of Binibining Pilipinas. My reasons were plainly because her appearance resembled an authentic Filipina beauty. She's tall and exuded with overflowing confidence. She truly had the makings of someone who'll bring home the crown. In a nutshell, she was perfect to be the country's representative.
When she made it to top five, I was one of the many Filipinos who were uplifted by such achievement. Just try to imagine, eleven years had passed since Miriam Quiambao almost got the crown and landed as first runner up. Eleven years of drought then there was Venus Raj once again proving that Japanese and Indian women are not the only Asian women capable of making it to the final five.She was almost there but not quite. She sadly flunked at the question and answer portion which was the highlight of the said pageant. Right then and there, tweets and shout outs from facebook flooded the internet. There were various comments but in general those comments say- our representative was a pretty dumb! I say it's unfair to judge her just like that. First of all, it wasn't that easy to fall and be hailed as one of the top 5 candidates. I mean from all of those preliminary interviews coming from the press to the pre-judging (prior to coronation night), you can't be dumb. Personally, I was a bit foiled by the fact that she "almost" got it. However, I'm happy to know from her interviews that she enjoyed her experience there and that alone is a great achievement. And who knows? She might just set the trend for our next representative next year! Remember Japan? hehe
I arrived at work and people were still talking about Venus Raj's major major answer in a major major beauty pageant! haha On the other hand, we then moved on to our next topic which was all about wireless connections. Our trainer taught us on setting up a wireless internet connection for our customers. We simulated using three different operating systems such as Windows 7, XP, and Mac (Leopard).
Well I had fun learning about wireless! But pretty sad for Ms. Philippines going home crownless... :-(
Well I had fun learning about wireless! But pretty sad for Ms. Philippines going home crownless... :-(

No comments:
Post a Comment