"Optimus Eventus"

Trained to do service at its best. Defying dogmata of time and space.

Living it up to our commitments. We optimize satisfaction.
We guarantee seamless interaction.
We value your business.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

3rd Day: English 101

We started the day with a post test from what we have discussed yesterday regarding customer service. Our trainer was such an angel. She had a quick review on the topic which was really helpful because I never had the time to scan my notes at home. The exam was quite fair. All that came out was ardently discussed by our trainer.

After the test, she introduced to us the illustrious BERLITZ assessment. This verbal exam would determine whether or not trainees have the sufficient English speaking skill that's needed for the job as a technical support representative. What made this assessment extra nerve-wracking is the fact that the interview is conducted by a Native American speaker. Also, you'd be given topics anything under the sun; hence making it more complicated. The only thing you can pray for are the subject matters that would best interest you. And if by tough luck you get to receive unfamiliar topics, might as well try swiveling it to another subject that would not go further than the first. Nonetheless, our trainer made us listen to several of the Berlitz interview sessions. It made us realize that it wasn't that bloody as we thought. Great initiative indeed!


Overall, I really enjoyed this day at work. Just went nostalgic while our trainer discussed to us the different technicalities of English language. It's a fact that Subject-Verb Agreements, Tenses, Prepositions, Verbs, Nouns and Pronouns have been repeatedly talked about ever since grade school. But no matter how I try to learn and practice the rest of them religiously, I just can't help but flunk. Well I feel sorry for all the English teachers I've had but don't worry 'coz your student is diligently trying his best everyday! haha Even the proper way of stressing English words are unbelievably stressful! lol It's nice though that our trainer gave us a fun game about it. At least we don't have to sulk about the words that we've mispronounced almost our entire life. haha!

ENGLISH as a second language. I don't wonder why I never get it perfect most of the time. After all, it's just my second language anyway. It would be a great shame if I mess up with my mother tongue which reminds me of this month's celebration. Does it ring a bell?

No comments:

Post a Comment