"Optimus Eventus"

Trained to do service at its best. Defying dogmata of time and space.

Living it up to our commitments. We optimize satisfaction.
We guarantee seamless interaction.
We value your business.

Friday, August 6, 2010

5th Day: Oucchhsourcing!?

Practice makes perfect but others are saying that nobody's perfect so... why practice?! lol

Oh well it's a cliché kind of joke that always crosses my mind whenever I am practicing something or every time I see people zealously rehearsing some dance routine, singing piece, or in our case - the ever ardently prepared for English Language Assessment through Berlitz. We've spent whole day conversing about the possible questions that are usually given by the raters. We picked questions or situations then shared our thoughts and views to the group. Our trainer time and again injected possible answers that would somehow create a bigger impact from a rater's perspective.

Meanwhile, we also took turns in taking the Language Assessment 3 which was again conducted by a local trainer. Luckily, I did really well with minor glitches in, again, pronunciation! This time I messed up with the words colleague and memorable! Nevertheless, the local trainer told me that I'm pretty comfortable with the language. However, she pointed out that I should be careful with my tone of voice 'coz I sounded a bit monotonous. Well I explained to her that my cough and colds were causing my tendencies to have a very boring tone.

This is it! I'd be serious about getting well lest messing up Berlitz exam!


On the latter part of our class, our trainer showed us a documentary video about a serious number of Americans who are greatly affected by the rampant outsourcing of mostly IT jobs to other countries. In this documentary, they quoted India as the outsourcing capital of the world. Well the plot was quite interesting. A certain american lost his job because his work was outsourced to India. He then decided to fly across India and look for his old job that was outsourced somewhere in this country. Within 30 days, he stayed in a middle class Indian family (who most of the members were working in American Companies) and applied then eventually worked as a call center agent in one of India's American Call Centers. At first, he landed at India with a heavy grudge on his shoulders. But at the latter part of the documentary, he was greatly awaken by the sad reality of poverty that has created a huge disparity among Indians. He realized that sometimes some of the Americans complain too much while the struggling poor people in slum areas of India don't even have the time to whine.

A poignant day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment