"Optimus Eventus"

Trained to do service at its best. Defying dogmata of time and space.

Living it up to our commitments. We optimize satisfaction.
We guarantee seamless interaction.
We value your business.

Monday, August 9, 2010

7th Day: Friction


It's when two ideas don't meet... friction begins... collision happens.
-Conz6th

The time has arrived to face the technical side of my job. Funny thing was, we're not even at the core part of it yet. We're just at the introduction phase and there were already some stuff that were all Greek to me. Well, the idea of me being an internet addict was really helpful. At least, in some parts, I could somehow relate to our lecture. Also, we were already introduced to some of the tools that we will be using during proper troubleshooting. I'm glad there were tools designed to make our job easier. Now it's already a challenge in our end how to utilize the said tools. As of now, it's still obscurely complex. But no worries. There's a reason why we call this current level I am in as "Product Training". I'm supposed to be trained! There you go, that's the spirit!!! hehe

Well I have to convince myself. Try to focus as much as I can in learning rather than loathing the idea of a Newbie being so clueless in almost everything he does. And the thought of experts, once upon a time, messed up during their first times also helped. Of course, they didn't pop out as experts with just a wink. That would be unfair! hehe They, too, also had their own piece of cake.

On the other hand, our product trainer let us observe (for like 20 mins) an actual call handled by agents who were just new to the floor (one month of taking calls). I listened to one of the issues handled seamlessly by a one-month-experienced agent. Like seriously? Was she good or was the task easy? I didn't know. But she was confident. It made me think she was good. So I asked her if I'll get by. She told me, "trust me, felt the same thing one month ago". Well, that kind of helped!

As you know, during the first day of product training (last Saturday), 10 other trainees who came from other group were added to our pack. Well I'm calling it pack 'coz the one week core skills training really made us bonded. Now, I understand why some of them (if not all) were quite uncomfortable of joining a new group. I'm not really sure as of now but I'm thinking there's a bit of friction going on. And why did I arrive to such conclusion? They obviously showed us that "poker face" every time one of us tossed a joke. While the rest of us was laughing, I mean like seriously! It's not so rude to laugh along... or is it? or their sense of humor withered away as the night went deep? hehe Another thing was that particular girl who would at times sneer on us. I mean like, why throw such a friendly facial expression?! And the last blast was when our supervisor went inside the training room and checked on us. He asked if we had clarifications or questions that he might be able to address. The always sneering girl, with that sheer conviction on her face said, "Why are we separated from our original group?". And we were like, "Okay.. this is it. They officially hate us." But seriously? We're not from high school anymore and I'm so done with this crazy little antiques that only a grade school punk would normally do!

Grow up people!

No comments:

Post a Comment