"Optimus Eventus"

Trained to do service at its best. Defying dogmata of time and space.

Living it up to our commitments. We optimize satisfaction.
We guarantee seamless interaction.
We value your business.

Monday, August 2, 2010

1st Day: HIGH

I arrived at the office ahead of time contradicting to what I have expected. One crazy truck (garbage) driver parked his vehicle in the middle of a very crowded Carbon (largest wet market here in Cebu) street. Most of the people there were unbelievable! Wandering like in a park, they were sort of insinuating that Jeepneys should make way for them and not the other way around. What the heck?! Seriously, I was like stranded for about 30 minutes. And when my hackles were just about to raise, good thing Mr. Truck driver woke up and realized that he's created a bloody long traffic jam at his back. With luck still at my side, Mr. 03A Jeep Driver swifted his way to my office. Thanks to his sensitivity 'coz other people may just have messed up their first day at office if not for him.

So to speak, I came in earlier than expected. I've convinced myself to feel positive and smile amidst the not so good experience I encountered in Carbon. First days of work should be fine and flawless I said to myself while waiting in the 4th floor lobby. I have to start right, remember? Consequently, our trainer arrived just in the nick of time and asked all of the new joiners to follow her heading to one of the board rooms in 3rd floor. When we were all settled, her face beamed and welcomed the entire group to the company.

At the back of my mind, I already had the common idea of what will happen during first day at work considering that this wasn't my first job. And yes, things turned out the way I expected them to be. Our trainer started with the company history, from its humble beginnings 'til it evolved to one of the biggest and stable BPO company to date. And who would skip the introduce yourself part? If your heading for a first day work might as well prepare a script that would briefly entail the entire you... lol Anyway, she then continued to talk a bit of US geography, culture, and their various traits. Made sense to me. These people will be our future customers. It's only right to have a glimpse of where they're coming from. She also shared to us the different steps we have to go through during the entire six-week training phase. Made me feel a little bit anxious but I'm positive I can cut the mustard. I should be. I badly need the power of the secret this time again!

Members of the HR team also came inside to talk about benefits!!! Yeey! Certainly, a lot of perks will come along when you're working in a call center. It's the company's way of saying, "Please don't get burned out people! We still need you!" It came from an HR's mouth that attrition in BPO companies is high. Well fair enough. However, another one entered to discuss company policies and its corresponding penalties if violated. There were numerous of them but what struck me the most was the word TARDINESS. Aside from the technical job I'll handle, which is by the way all Greek to me for now, tardiness will be the most uphill slope I need to overcome. Good luck to me on that part! Weeew!





With my new found friends heading to City Health to get our Health Card. Nhea and Claire in this pic while pretty Las took the pic. :-)





First day high indeed! Surely, this day just marked a wonderful journey I ought to enjoy. Keep on reading guys as I share to you the ups and downs, twists and turns of this freezing yet fun-filled experience inside a call center.


No comments:

Post a Comment